Some has been worried about the future of Microsoft Identity Manager but the 27:th of February 2018, Microsoft held a webinar the made it clear they have a roadmap regarding MIM.
A recording of the webinar can still be seen but you’ll have to register in order to reach it.
If you don’t feel like watching the webinar here are a few news:
- Microsoft are releasing more updates and fixes more often, past year has included the following:
- 104 bug fixes
- SQL 2016 Always On Availability groups, for running MIM and SQL on Azure IaaS
- Support for SCSM 2016 reporting
- Direct upgrade from FIM to MIM
- Plans for CY 2018
- Updating documentation and user guidelines
- Continue to simplify deployment and operations
- Hybrid is key aspect of engineering efforts
- MIM will continue to be supported until 2026 with regular updates
- Users of MIM and FIM before MIM 2016 SP1 should upgrade to MIM 2016 SP1